Geberit is proud of its over 150 years of innovation and has a long rich European wide history.
Founded by Caspar Melchior Albert Gebert, who opened his first plumbing business in 1874 in Rapperswil Switzerland, and in 1905 he began to manufacture parts. The ‘Phoenix’ first wooden cistern was first patented in 1921, and with the introduction of plastic moulding in the 1930s became a pioneer of plastic parts in the sanitary industry.
In 1953 Caspar’s grandsons inherited control of the business and rechristened it Geberit. In the years that followed Geberit launched the first concealed cistern in 1964. And added drainage solutions and shower toilets to its portfolio.
In 1999 Geberit acquired UK based Caradon Terrain and Geberit Sales Ltd was formed. Since then the UK moved up to Warwick in 2009, and in 2015 Geberit acquired the Sanitec and Twyford brand. This allowed the introduction of the Geberit Bathroom Collection allowing Geberit to provide the complete bathroom collection in 2017.